Monday, March 21, 2011

i wanted

here's a poem I wrote awhile ago when I was asked to participate in a project two friends had organized, they were making and selling drinks at an opening and asked me and three other artists to design paper cups, they presented the drinks as individual pieces that you were purchasing, drinkers were collectors. I wanted to print the following phrases on each cup but ended up working with a different idea. Still, I think it's kind of a nice poem, all the phrases leaning against one another, iterating through:

1) I wanted to get you exactly what you asked for

2) I wanted to get you exactly what you wanted

3) I wanted you to get exactly what you wanted

4) I wanted you to get exactly what you felt you deserved

5) I wanted to get you exactly what you deserved

6) I wanted you to deserve what you got

7) I wanted you to feel like you deserved exactly what you got

8) I wanted you to feel that what you got was exactly what you deserved

9) I wanted you to tell me what you wanted so I could get you exactly what you asked for

10) I wanted to know what you wanted so I could get it for you

11) I wanted to get you what you wanted

12) I wanted you to be happy with what you got

13) I wanted you to be happy with what I got for you

14) I just wanted you to be happy

15) I wanted you to just be happy

16) I wanted you to be just

17) I just wanted you

18) I wanted to deserve you

19) I wanted you to feel like I wanted you

20) I wanted you to be happy with me

21) I wanted to get you something you would like

22) I wanted you to like what you got

23) I wanted you to like me

24) I wanted you to want me

25) I didn't want you to want

26) I wanted you to get what you deserve

27) I wanted you to have something you would like

28) I wanted you to have something that would remind you of me

29) I wanted you to think of me

30) I want you to think of me

31) I want you to feel like you deserve what you have

32) I want you to have what you want

No comments:

Post a Comment