Friday, February 27, 2009

Installation



This is an installation I did at MIAD for class. I'm going to rebuild a set like this to shoot youtube videos in, more on that later. It's meant to act as the conceptualization of an interior, private space, and to reference classic sitcom type set conventions. More on this later, you may recognize some of the images from my earlier post SPACE MELT

I'd like to point out in the video the telephone that I circuit bent. In general I think of circuit bending as just a hobby, or something kids should do. but, I do like doing it and for this piece I bent a children's toy very simply; I added a few buttons and switches and a potentiometer. Things got really crazy because I decided I had enough knowledge of circuitry to try to wire the buttons of the phone to functions and bends on the toy. I thought I had it figured out but a lot of it got mixed up and confused. Still, pretty good for a first try and when you press three of the buttons they make weird noises, which is pretty sweet whether it was completely successful or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment