Friday, February 27, 2009

ya ya babooshka yaya

There is no one I want to be more right now than Kate Bush, mainly because of this:



There's a kitsch factor here that makes it a little hard to take seriously but, I'm interested in how she handles this intersection between a variety of media (video, song, dance, costuming, set design) and a number of products. There's the choreography that plays off of the song and the costumes that are dictated by the song as well, but, they all ultimately play off of eachother and could potentially carry the entire story of the piece on their own. They act as these separate artifacts that come together to create an additional communicative outlet. I think that's really cool. And also, this song is just a solid gold jam.

I want to think more about dance, and more so about making art in this way (separate objects that can exist as well on their own as they can as a whole). Here's a derp of an experiment I conducted, my body interacting with my environment as mutual sculptural forms.


No comments:

Post a Comment