Thursday, March 12, 2009

bring a little water, sylvie



A few in progress things. I've been getting very little done over spring break but here's a sampling anyhow. The above is a mask I'm making out of fabric and wax. The fabric/wax combo was made by Danielle as a part of another project. Long story. School story. Boring. Below are a few quick clips from a video I'm working on for class as well. It's about the future, kind of, and space, kind of. It's going to be called "Visions of the Multiverse". I made the costume but I'm not entirely happy with it. ideas to explore further. Lotsa sniffles in this one. The static videos I posted earlier will probably be a part of this finished project as well



and some more:



sniff snifsnif, it was dag cold out.

Also, for kicks, here is my favorite video that I made in highschool. I used pictures of my mother and elements of this movie by Maya Deren, 'In the Very Eye of Night':



I don't think my mother operates in this way but when I made this I was imagining people holding onto their fondest moments and defining themselves by them. Maya Deren compared the movements of dancer's human bodies to the movements of stars which she described as being perfect. I compared the movements of constructed stars to images of a charming personal history vignette. Does that begin to make sense? I can't be sure. Here it is, the audio is a little poppy, I'll have to fix that sometime:

No comments:

Post a Comment