Wednesday, March 25, 2009

masks

This is a nearly finished paper mache mask, with a cardboard base, I might add some gems:



I had a hard time finding any instructions to go on for this type of thing online. Traditional Mexican paper mache masks are made around a sculpted clay form. I cut out a circle of cardboard and cut darts in the top and bottom (and the sides for the blue mask) that I folded over to create dimension. I also rolled and folded the cardboard before hand to make it more flexible. With the following animal mask I taped a paper cup to the form to make the snout. I'll do some things differently next time.

here's a bear/dog mask that I have yet to paint:



I've been loving making these. They're going to be characters in a video.

Also, here's an epic picture of me and my friends at the Art Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment